Background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About Dylan (written by Emily)

Dylan is my best friend in the whole world. He’s the one person I want to share all my secrets, sorrows, and ambitions with. When we came home from our missions, I was very sick. Dylan became my sidekick. He helped my mom get me to and from the doctor, and sat with me through many hard, hard days. Some days I thought I couldn’t go on but he never let me give up and was my anchor through it all.
He has a kind, sensitive heart and is always helping others. He does cute little things for me everyday that make me smile. My very favorite one… reading me to sleep each night. He even uses different voices for all the characters.  I know this will be something that he wants to do with our children too. He is a great listener and supports me with everything I do. He comes with me on photo shoots to carry all my equipment, make babies smile and any other random things that I need help with. He’s the only way I made it through school. He believed in me and that belief makes me believe in myself. 

He has a fun-loving personality and knows how to make everyone laugh. He loves playing with our nieces and nephews and loves seeing them giggle at his silly face. He has a great talent for voice imitation for all sorts of voices, and can do new ones on the spot. My personal favorite Sean Connery. He is definitely the person you want on your team during a game of charades, he is not afraid to look silly or let loose. He loves to wrestle with our dog and and play tug of war. Brinkley loves when dad gets home and waits by the door for him to come home, then he runs to his pillow and waits for him to come greet him! I love watching the two of them together!

Dylan has always had a love for learning. He is a bookworm, reading whenever he has a spare moment. He will read anything from the news to science fiction to mystery even a textbook if that’s all that’s around. He is so smart and knows all sorts of random trivia. He loves to share his love for learning with others too. In both his work and church callings he has been a teacher. His passion for teaching is clearly evident through his energy and excitement when he teaches.
Dylan also likes to play around and have fun! He loves to play Rock Band, watch movies, go to BYU football games, watch the Jazz, go to dinner with friends, play board games with family, ski and face time with his sisters kids.
I’m so blessed to have him as my husband. I love Dylan so much and know he will be a wonderful father when given the opportunity.