Background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About Emily (written by Dylan)

I must admit that it is difficult for me to adequately express my feelings about Emily. She is my greatest fan and support in all that I do. She is an amazing person. She only knows how to care about people one way… completely. In the time that I have known her, I have learned that she is passionate, loyal, cheerful, optimistic, loving, trustworthy, and the list goes on and on. I never have to wonder if she loves me, she always lets me know. Emily is always quick to serve others and never tires of doing so. She is a great friend, and people love to spend time with her. She loves to spend time with her family, especially our nieces and nephews. I can see how each member of her family has influenced and taught her. Emily loves to swim and during the summer she spends as much time as she can at the pool. She has even gotten me to enjoy swimming, which is no easy feat. Emily loves photography and has loved it for as long as I have known her. If I close my eyes and picture Em in my mind’s eye, she is holding a camera. Whenever we go on vacation, she has the camera ready to take pictures and make memories. What I love about Emily is her driven nature. She doesn’t let things stand in her way. Em is always working to improve herself. One of my favorite things about Emily is that many nights before we go to bed, she asks me to put on socks for her because her feet get cold. She usually ends up taking those socks off during the night, but she has trouble falling asleep without them.

Emily is a person of faith. It is something that she holds dear, and something that she wants to share. Emily has always been quick with an encouraging word to anybody who she senses that needs it. I love that she doesn’t try to be perfect; she understands that all we can do is our best. Emily never lets me give up on myself, no matter how badly I may want to. Throughout our marriage, she has always found little ways to serve me, and I love that about her. It may be something as simple as waking up before me and turning on my shower so that it is warm for me, or starting my car so that when I leave the house it is warm. She is not hesitant to put my needs in front of her own.
I know that when the time comes for us to start our family, that Emily will be an amazing mother.